We’re glad you found us! TYES is a Colorado statewide group supporting all gender expansive (non-binary & binary transgender, gender fluid, gender questioning, genderqueer, agender, bigender, pangender) youth and their families. TYES is dedicated to helping parents support their gender expansive youth, and to help families find the information, resources, and understanding they need.
Among our TYES families there is great diversity; racially, economically, religious affiliation (or none), gender nonconforming, transitioned (or not), stealth, out, activists, quietly strong, siblings, parents etc. It is our hope that all Colorado families with gender expansive youth will find support here. We are not experts, only families working together to love and protect our children. The resources and knowledge we have to share come from our experience with our children who range in age from toddlers to teenagers. Together may we work together to support our kids!
Our Mission: TYES empowers and supports families and caregivers of gender expansive youth by providing resources, education, outreach, and advocacy, in order to create supportive environments that allow youth to experience the joy of authenticity.
What we offer:
– Face to face parent support group meetings in the Denver/Boulder and Colorado Springs with onsite childcare/social time for gender expansive kids and their siblings
– Support for developing support groups in your area
– Facebook “Secret” group for parents
– Private email list to be kept up to date on events
– Social opportunities throughout the year
-1:1 phone calls or meetings for support as needed
– Connecting you to parents in your area
– Annual Family Camp (Weekend camp in August)
– Guest speakers
– Educational, mental health, and medical resources
For more information, please email us or call our support line at (720) 443-7708. Please know that we take privacy very seriously. We will never sell, share or advertise information of our parents and/or families without their consent.
We hope to hear from you soon!